What did I achieve in the making of Gloriana?
- The lowest points I had ever faced in my life during the making of Gloriana, has made me a more stronger, creative and confident person.
- I have developed a network of talented and reliable people, who I am fortunate to call friends and I feel I am more social then I ever did before in making new friends.
- I may not have found my favourite genres or type of music I like to write in, but that is a good thing, I feel I like all genres and styles as I see the individual uniqueness that can be utilised to deliver the right immersive atmosphere I feel the history/story used can be told accurately and creatively.
- I have learned that I can write music faster with the aid of researching the topic, and inspired from personnel events increase my drive to new heights.
- I have learned how to create music videos. Also how to make storyboards, and Adobe premiere and After effects.
- I now have gained knowledge on how to make DVDs in a professional manner.
- I am a better studio engineer then I was before, utilising my equipment newly obtained or had before to meet the demands for recording an array of instruments and voices.
- I believe I might I found an answer to my future career where I can be part of the music industry out of university and hopefully make a decent living from it.
What could I do to improve Gloriana if I could change anything?
At the time of making Gloriana especially the very beginning, what I had undertaken did certainly provided me a 1st of many experiances and achievements that I had discovered, which I did not previously obtained. Although thanks to the battle I had with Cancer, I had time to look think a lot about Gloriana, I really in truth, probably had the same amount of time work on the project as I would now, I started to work of the 4th year’s Creative Ventures project. A year and 4 months. Before saying anything to improve Gloriana, I am really happy how it turn out in the end.
In the ideal world, I guess it would have been nice to achieve what I originally sort to achieve, 10 songs to cover the whole of Elizabeth’s reign. Although this would have taken double or even triple the time I had with my knowledge and experience at the time.
I think would be worth noting for the next Animated Music Production I make, I would do the following to improve my methods since making Gloriana:
- Make a wider stage (to make it wide screen for filming standards) with better control and more intricacies of the characters.
- Maybe invest in a film camera myself, so I have the freedom of filming when I like and learn how to use the camera better.
- Make the storyboards earlier after the making of the songs.
- Make more contacts earlier to be onboard so that I can ensure more is done earlier.
- I think it would be worth to Monetise the project.
- Improve my laptop to allow portable recording sessions to work far more easier.
With the feedback so far, although it has not been an enormous response, it is not a worry, as the few who have and will soon respond to me are important to me, the content of feedback I have got so far, has been great, warm and amazed on what as been achieved against all odds.
I had to address one of the performers from the creative decision made due to lack of materials to use but also to share and use the efforts on the other performer who have given their time too.
I guess I will never please everyone which I am sure I will counter as I progress my career, but if it is important for it to be right to you before it is right with other people. Something I hope I can handle, but I like to think I have obtained a thick skin from the many other experiences I have, and my understandings will counter and ignore these incidents in the future.
I went with my father to the Swansea waterfront museum, my dad was telling them about Gloriana, and they were talking about it as a great idea and something I could do with them to cover Wales’ industial revolution and for example the Copper works that made Swansea the place it is today. This may work greatly in my favour as an avenue that I could make money from with it. Although from first impressions it may not the most exciting topic in history to me, but perhaps by researching into it, I would be intrigued by learning about it, and It might lead me onto working on other historical topics I can cover.
The mark and the feedback will be the ultimate verdict that will address me the full success of Gloriana, but the regardless of the marks and feedback, I know I am happy with what I had created. I know that I have gain a great deal, something that cannot be taken away.
Something that I will always remember and think back, with positive thoughts, always.